Covers insights on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Search Algorithm Updates, Paid Search, Social Media to name a few . Jag SEO Blog help articles, tips and tricks are for free to educate newbie’s, web masters, online business owners and seasoned professionals!
Monday, November 26, 2012
SEO is not link building, not alone link building. Oh yeah, many do ask...I want my site to be SEO'ed. How many links do we require to rank top. Still many do not understand what's actually going on with SEO.
To the people who understand what actually SEO is...to them...it is Search Engine Optimization and to the people who don’t understand what SEO is...to them...it is Search Experience Optimization.
Search Experience Optimization deals with many factors. First of all users experience have to be considered. Here are the lists of factors by importance,
• Site load speed
• Relevant information or products based on the search query.
• Overall quality content to reduce bounce rate.
• Fresh content without typos or grammatical errors. This increases time spent on the site and as well controls bounce rate.
• Relevant internal links.
• User interaction information related to services or products.
• Search Engine friendly website structure, SEF URL's, canonical, relevant file name for images, unique title and Meta related to page content.
• Details like testimonials, news release and contact address improves trust ability and increases returning visitors & referrals.
• Social signals through bookmarking
• Finally back links from relevant sites i.e. link popularity.
Google & Bing algorithms have hundreds of signals to evaluate the site for ranking. Different elements of the above mentioned points will help to meet those hundreds of search engine signals which leads to search experience optimization.
Friday, September 07, 2012
As we all know ecommerce website promotion is a big challenge in online marketing industry and social media promotional area helps ecommerce site promotion through both direct conversation and as well by influencing the organic listing. Here you can find 5 solid tips that can help you to win it.
(1) Get to know where your type of customers are available - It can be from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest etc. There are many social media site that can help your business to grow in sales volume or to increase you brand presence which can finally lead to a returning conversation.
(2) Find your competitors and monitor what they do - Get to know the social sites in which your competitors are active and the content type they publish. Also look for the page views, followers, and fans of their social profiles how they involve in specific product promotion.
(3) Provide offers through social media - Mention exclusive Offers like coupon, holiday specials, free shipping etc.
(4) Engage customers - Write interesting articles and blog posts about specific products and its features and post it in your social sites profiles. Ask questions / reply to queries and conduct poll to make the place lively.
(5) Don’t use the company profile for direct product selling - Get facts and figures on your products and the specialty of the products. Make your company profile interesting and not boring.
These are the basic tips that can be followed for a start. As you cover these...you will be learning new areas based on the profile insight popularity and conversion statistics. For more insight feel free to drop your lines in comment section.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
As we all know there are thousands of SEO extensions for Google Chrome. Here are the 5 SEO tools I would recommend to understand and improve the site SEO factors.
(1) SEO for Chrome
This tool SEO for Chrome provides SEO Tools like to find Pages indexed, competitive analysis, keyword research, backlink checks, pagerank checks etc.
2) SEO SERP
A simple SERPS tool to check the position for a list of websites for a given keyword.
(3) SEO Site Tools
This tool provides the Social Media information, external page data, HTML and CSS Validation etc.
(4) SEO Professional Toolbar
This tool stores the rank and backlinks history for selected sites.
This tool shows the important SEO metrics and also compares link metrics for Google, Bing and Yahoo! with the SERP.
These SEO extensions for chrome can help you get an overall audit of your website popularity and these tools can help to improve the site performance in a better way.
Friday, March 30, 2012
Here are the 5 other search engines, your audience may be looking for information. Do not take charge only on Google. It is recommended for small & large business to focus on the below search engine too.
Again these are based on your global business. You need to study where your audience exists and then target accordingly. Optimize your site for user’s experience and not for search engines alone. Build quality backlinks and not quantity backlinks. Write unique content and with all these factors stay at the forefront of your competitors.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
(1) Proofread what you have written. Print it and proofread again. Invest more time.
(2) Identify strong headline and summary with most related & preferred keywords. Grab readers and search engines attention.
(3) Have a professional content writer and provide her/him a draft of your content. Make sure the writer understands the requirement. Read the content two to three times.
(4) Write for your audience. Apart from stating your products and businesses launches do mention about the experience your type of audience will feel.
(5) Have your press release with info-graphics, links and videos.
(6) Use anchor text and hyperlinks to point to your site and products/services page.
(7) Give examples of solutions you have provided with your products & services.
(8) Don't feel shy or afraid of mentioning your success. Highlight your success stories.
(9) Provide introduction for your products and services and for more details, provide links that goes to your web pages.
(10) Write the facts and shorten the story with fewer words with well picked search keyword phrases.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
(1) How to add H tag in content?
H tag can be used for page headings. Suppose if you have body content with different sub sections then you can use H1 tags for main heading and H2 tags for sub headings. In total there are H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6.
<p>Main section body content</p>
<p>Sub section body content</p>
Note - You may apply your own style for H tags based on the site theme.
(2) How blog help SEO?
Yes blog helps SEO. Search engines like crawling blog topics that are categorized. Read more on Does Blogging help SEO?
(3) How to configure SEO URL on blogger?
In Blogger platform, your post Title is the Post URL, so make sure the title has the best suited topic name with keywords around.
(4) Will SEO change for iPad compatible websites?
Before considering SEO for search engines, users experience has to be considered for iPad compatible websites. Make sure that the site is displayed properly with proper page navigation for iPad devices. On other side make sure that the mobile xml sitemap is created and submitted in Google webmaster tools.
(5) How can improve SEO using site map?
Different level navigation links can be mentioned in the sitemap. Mainly the deep links have to be included in the sitemap as the crawler might find difficult to find the deep links. If it is a large site then a dynamic site map is recommended.
(6) How does Google consider submission to paid directories?
Paid directories with “no follow” attribute to your website is normal to Google. Paid directories can be considered for traffic and not to manipulate ranking. Read more on What type of Paid Directories does Google like?
(7) How to find copy content?
There are different ways to find copy content. Do a Google search of your own content or you may use sites/tools like CopyScape and many. Read 10 Tools to find copy image and content - Ways to fix copy content issue
(8) How to rank a keyword through SEO?
The page should have unique content that interests the users for the specific topic (keyword(s)). The page should have well defined title, Meta tags and topic name in URL and right natural backlinks for the specific keyword(s). Read more on Keywords 101.
(9) How to use keywords density examples?
Keyword density may vary from 2 - 8% based on the competition. The topic that is best than you competitors wins the result. Read more on Understanding Keyword Density.
(10) Keyword frequency in Meta description
There is no fixed numbers on keywords used in Meta description. Make sure that you don’t stuff keywords. I see keywords repeated on an average of 2 times in Meta description and most important is that the page should have quality content.
(11) Google tips for content on a welcome page
The “welcome” page should have at least a short note about the site, its services or products & location that is been marketed.
(12) Google SEO title vs. alt
Title and alt are used for images to describe what the image is all about. Different browsers use different format display the move over text for images. Google spiders will be getting the information of the image by reading the title or alt attribute from the source code. So using either way is fine. Read more on Alt attribute.
The blog post “SEO QA” will be a weekly update. Subscribe and stay tuned!
Friday, January 06, 2012
SEO Web Design:
- Proper document structure, Page Heading and sub heading in <H1> followed by <H2>, <H3>, <H4>, <H5>, <H6> and Page content in <P> tags.
- Ensure main content appears near the top of a page in <body> start.
- Clean separation of data, styles, java script, client side scripting as external file.
- Add user Sitemap with all page URL's.
- Having Header and footer links in text format rather than images and avoid java script for adding links.
- Adding bread crumbs to all pages and it should look like Home (link) >> Services (link) >> SEO.
- Ensure page conforms to W3C accessibility standards (Additional Value).
- Click-able text in a hyperlink - Anchor text.
- Reducing Table structure, especially nested tables.
Read more - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) 101: Basics
SEO Web Development:
- Creating Search engine friendly URL's by removing Id’s and stop characters if it is a CMS site and page URL words can be separated by underscores or hyphens.
- Creating Meta data setup provision if it is a CMS site by way of adding and editing Title & Meta tags.
- Custom error 404 page for broken links.
- Generate dynamic RSS feeds for pages.
Read more - 10 Technical SEO tips to improve site SERPs and traffic
- Competitor analysis for finding out your Competitor business keywords.
- Adding anchor texts as keywords.
- Use long tail key phrases that has combination of keywords.
- Use Google suggest to identify most searched keywords and next most search keywords and so. Have those keywords combinations for promotion.
- Analyze your Google Analytics for search keywords and promote the keywords that list behind few pages. Find out the ratio of the visit conversion and work accordingly.
- Configure the site with Google, Yahoo and Bing Webmaster Tools to provide information about your site.
- * Make use of Google Webmaster tool to find broken links, server crawl ratio and server response and do necessary fixes if any.
- Make sure your default page is redirected to the domain so that the page rank is not shared for the same content.
- Use only unique content.
- * Never use any software to help you for SEO.
- * Adding robots to website, tell the search engines to index your site and which pages they should index.
- Improving content of existing web pages by adding optimized keywords.
- Use canonical tag to avoid search engine indexing site duplicate pages.
- Monitoring search results for optimised pages and improving with inlinks comparison and keywords results.
- Add robots.txt file to your site root to tell search engine bots what folders to be indexed and what not.
Read more - 5 Minutes Google Panda SEO Checklist
- Adding links to the identified Search engines, Business directories, yellow page, white pages, classifieds and websites.
- Social sites submission.
- RSS feed submission.
- Press release and News submission.
- Create a Blog and submit to Blog direcoties related to category.
- Human edited, local and Regional directory submission.
- Creating Pod cast and adding to Pod cast directories.
- Continuous link building to achieve page rank and improve backlinks.
- Do not add site to paid directories that doesn't follow Google guidelines.
- Do not submit your new site to 1000 of directories in one fine day. Be moderate and think for long term.
Read more - Secrets Behind Link Building & SEO tips for 2012.
Open Source SEO:
- Have content-based theme with will formatted CSS validation
- Use "All in SEO" Plugin" to have control over your blog post page Tilte and Meta tags
- Work on Blog Permalink to make it search engine friendly URL. Navigate to wordpress admin >> "Permalinks" >> "Custom structure" option to add the tag /%postname%/ for blog post search engine friendly URL
- Have you archive section enabled for you new visitors
- Use cloud tag for your blog that can help your site visitors to click on popular tags
- Use "Google Sitemaps" plugin to create sitemap.xml file and let Google know pages to be indexed
- Add your sitemap.xml file to Google, Yahoo and Bing Webmaster tools
- Configure Google Analytics and work on blog traffic progress.
- Setup Google Feedburner for your blog and have an option for blog visitors to subscribe for new blog posts.
Read more - Best 12 Wordpress SEO Tips and Advice
- Try to reduce code size of the default CSS by having only the suitable ones
- Path module in drupal needs to be enabled
- Meta tag Module needs to be configured
- Use robots.txt file to block unwant URL's
- Add breadcrums towards naviagtional structure
- Have your xml sitemap enabled and configure with Google webmaster tools
- Design drupal theme with XHTML to have the code size less
Read more - Top 10 Drupal SEO Tips and Advice
- SEO extension in Joomla gives helps you to manage the META and title settings.
- Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs extension creates Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs for page categories, sub categories, and any leavel of sub-pages.
- Simple SEO extension will show how search engines look at your content.
- Google Sitemap extension is used to generate and integrate Google XML sitemap for good indexing amoung Google and other major search engines.
- SearchCloud and Lists module creates Cloud or a List of popular search query.
Read more - Best 5 Joomla SEO Tips with Joomla SEO extensions
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
Step 1: Visit Twitter Search
The result URL would be http://search.twitter.com/search?q=Google